Thursday, October 5, 2017

Long time absence, first time administrator

Hey Everyone,

It's been quite an absence. I had this and my podcast up until around the start of 2017, but then a baby, admin class, applications and eventually getting a new job as a vice principal at a middle school has kept me from updating.

Some obvious observations:
- Whereas before I was able to know about politics, but ignore it when I wanted, I am thrust into the full game of politics and ignorance can lead to me losing a job.
- It is odd not being 100% immediately embraced by new staff (like new teachers generally are).
- Difficult conversations are difficult.
- Communication is something everyone appreciates.
- Fighting to find the positive is absolutely necessary as a vice principal, lest you be overwhelmed by the negative.

More thoughts and discussions to come. Just give me time.

- Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment